Python programming language is one of the fastest growing programming languages present here in this industry. In fact, python ranked 1st in IEEE spectrum’s list of top programming languages of 2017. Python has continuously served and is serving as one of the best programming language for web development, application development, system administration, game development, security tools development, GIS and much more.
Python is gaining so much popularity these days. This is because people have started seeing numerous possibilities in python as it consists of features that very less of its counterparts offer.
- Python programming language is Object-Oriented: Python supports Object- oriented style or technique of programming which encapsulates code within objects.
- Python is a Beginner’s Language: Python is a great language for the beginner-level and supports the development of a wide range of applications from simple text processing to WWW browsers to games.
- Easy-to-learn: Python has few keywords, simple structure, and a clearly defined syntax which allows the student to pick up the language quickly.
- Easy-to-read: Python code is more clearly defined and easy to understand.
- Easy-to-maintain: Python’s source code is fairly easy-to maintain its simplicity.
- A broad standard library: Python’s bulk of the library is very portable and cross-platform compatible on UNIX, Windows, and Mac(Apple).
- Portable: Python can run on a wide variety of hardware platforms and has the same interface on all platforms probably.
- Databases: Python provides interfaces to all major database.
- Fewer lines of codes: Codes written in python completes in fewer lines thus reducing length of code and making it easier to code faster with more efficiency.
Future technologies relying on python
Generally, python is used for web application, web development, game development etc. but we should know that many of the future technologies depend on python for their development.
- Artificial intelligence: In the field of AI there is no hiding that python is leading the game. Day after day, more and more frameworks are being designed to direct AI and reduce human effort in doing certain works with more efficiency.
Artificial intelligence has given way to diverse technologies like speech recognition systems, robots, etc.
Some branches of AI are:
- General AI
- Text processing
- Neural networks
- Machine learning
- Cognitive science etc.
- Networking: Python is used widely to read write and configure routers. It has libraries that facilitates writing network based applications. Hence, it can be used for network programming. Many use Python to make sites because there are very good tools available for doing so and frameworks like flask and Django make things rather easier.
- Big data and analytics: Due to its simple usage and wide set of data processing libraries, python is the No. 1 contender for big data processing. Another reason that python is used widely for big data processing is its ability to integrate easily with web applications, generating quick insights, handling large amount of data sets with the presence of high performance toolkits and libraries.
Websites developed under python:
- NASA etc.
Python as a career:
Some of the job profiles associated with python programming language are:
- Software engineer
- Research analyst
- Data analyst
- Data scientist
- Software developer etc.
According to daxx.com, one of the world’s largest job searching site, the average salary for a python developer in most popular cities in US is given below:
Also, the comparison of average salary of a python developer with various other programming languages is given below.
In conclusion, python is one of the most versatile and emerging language in the industry.